Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Mini-Portfolio

My name is Kitt and I’m an animation/illustration major at San Jose State University. 

I have taken a multitude of art classes since arriving at SJSU, from traditional foundation classes where I learned perspective, anatomy, how to figure draw, painting, animation, to more advanced classes in which I learned to utilize skillsets from my foundation classes and apply them on a more conceptual level in digital programs. I have taken a basic physics class prior to Physics of Animation and I’m excited to learn more about how to apply the science to my artistic work. In addition to this class, I am currently taking an intermediate animation class, a beginning visual development class, and a media and culture class. 

After I graduate, I am hoping to not only continue playing video games that I love, but to also, as a visual development artist, create games that other people will be passionate about.

On my journey to become a visual development artist, I have created many different paintings, from class pieces to sketches done in my own downtime. Below is a “Hero tree” concept painting I did for a beginning digital painting class:

When I’m not in class, I like to do little paint sketches to experiment and get to know different mediums, such as this portrait I did of a friend:


While I love illustrating, I also like learning about animation. I hope that in the future, I’ll be excellent at both. Below is my final demo reel for a beginning 3D animation class I took a couple semesters ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment